All you need to know about FMH Emergency Medical Clinic.
Foster good patient relations at all stages (from registration to discharge). Work as a team with physicians and multidisciplinary team members. Coordinate the care of patients with ancillary services and referral to specialist care. Be the eyes and ears of the clinical team by assessing and determining the needs of patients when in the waiting area.
- Manage the phone by transferring calls making calls on behalf of the doctors re: consultations/referrals etc retrieve and record messages on voicemail and make essential follow-up. Call patients for review/ follow-up appointments.
- Ensure availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Liaise with ancillary services re: arrange x-rays, ultrasounds etc and ensure that results are communicated to or given to the physician.
- Making appointments for specialist care.
- Prepare patient letters, medical summaries, medical reports etc.
- Comfort patients, anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Aid patients in distress by responding to emergencies by alerting medical team (doctors/nurses) of potentially serious cases in the waiting area.
- Protect patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
From time to time our clinic needs emergency room staff. Apply below as an emergency room staff.
EMERGENCY ROOM NURSE
Work as part of a team, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to provide care for patients.
Quickly assess the needs of each patient, prioritize care based on its critical nature, work to stabilize patients (when necessary),
treat the problem and discharge the patient after the emergency/urgency is over or make arrangements for transfer of patients. Provide
physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families and advising them of continued care when necessary.
- More than 5yrs Post Graduate
- 2yrs of experience in A&E or critical care unit
- Community Health
- Emergency Nursing
- BCLS, ACLS, ATLS, PALS
- IV setup
- Preparation and delivery of IV medication
- ECG (performance & interpretation)
- POP Application
- Catheterization (male)
- Resuscitation Certification or competence
- Competence in care for critically ill patients
- Competence in Triaging
- Management of flow of patients
- Prioritize care based on the critical nature and severity of patient’s condition.
- Assess patient’s needs.
- Obtain medical history and personal information.
- Log vital signs
- Facilitate doctor’s evaluation immediately for life-threatening issues.
- Setting up and priming an intravenous (IV) infusion or handing over pills for swallowing with water.
- Confirm current medication lists with patient and family.
- Assist with minor medical procedures as part of the treatment response
- Help stabilize patients and assist the doctor with everything from suturing wounds to intubating critical patients.
- Oversee/ follow-through on doctor’s orders, from making sure medications are given to checking on completion and results of diagnostic tests which are ordered.
- Monitor the patient for changes in condition and make patients comfortable.
- Chart all patient medical history, current condition and medications, and treatment as well as
- Update the patient medical record throughout their visit.
- On discharge, if the patient does not require admission to the hospital and is deemed ready to leave the emergency room after treatment-explain discharge instructions and answer any questions the patient and their family/caregiver, may have.
- If the patient is to be admitted -prepare patient for admission at hospital, i.e. taking of bloods etc.
- Ensure that the emergency trolley is well stocked at the all apparatus (scopes etc) and equipment is in good working order.
- Ensure that all patient rooms are well stocked.
- Ensure that the rooms are prepared before patients enter the room (clean beds & surfaces) and ensure that supplies and equipment are present before the doctor performs a procedure.
EMERGENCY ROOM PHYSICIAN
Manage and work as part of a team with both clinical and reception staff on shift. Evaluate and diagnose a wide variety of ailments and determine the appropriate course of treatment for patients and advise on at home care. Resuscitate and stabilize patients when necessary and prepare said patients for transfer to In-patient facility. Liaise/Consult with Specialist Doctors and Ancillary services. Produce clear and concise records of patient visits.
- Examine patients to determine general physical and emotional condition.
- Function appropriately as part of care delivery team through efficient use of resource and skills both their own and those of other provider and staff.
- Determine whether in-coming patients can be seen at the facility from the ambulance service.
- Take calls from patients seeking advice or potential patients to determine whether they should be seen.
- Provide medical reports to those who have been authorized to receive said information for example, insurance companies, lawyers for patients seeking settlement.
- Provide medical summaries for continued care of patients.
- Provide medical reports to law enforcement entities.
- Order or execute various tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Prescribe or recommend medications or other forms of treatments such as physical therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Perform minor surgery within scope of practice.
- Refer patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Advise patients concerning diet, hygiene and method for prevention of disease.
- Make accurate records of physical findings and treatment rendered or anticipated.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Participate in clinical quality improvement initiatives; including peer reviews, and other tools to develop processes that promote continuous improvement in the delivery patient care, patient outcomes or work flows.
- Report births, deaths and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
© 2022 FMH EMERGENCY MEDICAL. All rights reserved.Design by SE Technology